+64 022 0897825
Your menu is empty or not selected! How to config a menu

A type of sweetener used in Peanut Butter can be deadly for dogs!

Attention Dog Lovers!!!

I know you probably love peanut butter and so does your dog. Maybe some of you give peanut butter to your dogs as treat? Or to help you with their medication (e.g. pills)?

Just be very careful with some brands that use a type of sweetener called xylitol. Xylitol is commonly used in several products such as tooth paste, yogurt, chewing gum etc.

So, make sure you read the label for ingredients before you buy your next peanut butter jar.

Better yet! Make your own peanut butter, that way there won’t be any “nasties” in it. I buy ours from Bin Inn in Rangiora where there is a peanut butter machine and you can make your own peanut butter! No salt, no sugar, no additives.

Freshly made peanut butter is actually really good for your dog. See: https://www.teacupdogdaily.com/can-dog-eat-peanuts-guide/

For more info about “why dogs shouldn’t be given peanut butter”, poisoning symptoms and a list of products that contain xyliton, check out The Dodo website: https://www.thedodo.com/ingrediant-could-be-deadly-dog-1449364385.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *