NEW ZEALAND IS AT ALERT LEVEL 1.
At Alert Level 1, there are no COVID-specific restrictions on services for, or the handling and care of, companion animals.
The disease is contained in New Zealand.
- COVID-19 is uncontrolled overseas.
- Isolated household transmission could be occurring in New Zealand.
Range of measures that can be applied locally or nationally
- Schools and and businesses are open, and must operate safely.
- No restrictions on personal movement but people are encouraged to maintain a record of where they have been.
- No restrictions on gatherings but organisers encouraged to maintain records to enable contact tracing.
- Stay home if you’re sick, report flu-like symptoms.
- Wash and dry your hands, cough into your elbow, don’t touch your face.
- No restrictions on domestic transport — avoid public transport or travel if you’re sick.
- No restrictions on workplaces or services but they are encouraged to maintain records to enable contact tracing.
For all the information you want on what we can and cannot do with our companion animals, just go to www.covid19pet.nz